Here’s a rundown of the Thursday, May 21, 2009 premier of Hinky Dinky Time Radio. Enjoy the archived audio or subscribe to the podcast.
- Preshow: Bill Cosby, Chris Montez
- Amapola (opening theme) – Jacky Noguez
- trip report
- Come Together – The Dead
- Wichita Lineman – Tony Joe White
- Tomorrow Never Knows – Junior Parker
- Hinky Dinky ad – KOIL
- England Swings – Petula Clark
- Mademoiselle From Armentieres – Jack Charman
- Chinatown, My Chinatown – The Mills Brothers
- Let A Soldier Drink (rehearsal) – Jerry Lee Lewis & the cast of Catch My Soul
- Getting Mighty Crowded – Betty Everett
- One Step Beyond – Prince Buster
- Blackstrap Molasses – Danny Kaye, Jimmy Durante, Groucho Marx and Jane Wyman
- Yeh, Yeh – Georgie Fame & the Blue Flames
- There Will Never Be Another You – Sammy Davis Jr. with Sam Butera & the Witnesses
- Blue Velvet – Tony Bennett
- Ride My Seesaw (faded) – Ronnie Aldrich
- The Son Of Hickory Holler’s Tramp – O.C. Smith
- Amapola (closing theme) – Jacky Noguez
Come Together was recorded live at a performance by The Dead in Chicago on May 5th with myself and my dad present for the event. The Hinky Dinky ad was captured from a KOIL aircheck archived on reelradio.com. Madamoiselle From Armentieres was found at http://www.firstworldwar.com. For more information about Jerry Lee Lewis‘ appearance in Catch My Soul, check out this post at the Dreamtime blog.
Use this flash player to stream the audio right here on the page:
Technical information about accessing the audio can be found here.
By necessity, the live broadcast is in mono at slightly reduced quality. The archived shows are in glorious stereo and feature higher fidelity.